In Ontario, massage therapy is a regulated health profession
Registered massage therapists:
- Complete competency-based education, consisting of 2200 hours of study at institutions recognized by the Government of Ontario.
- Study anatomy, physiology, pathology, physical assessment, neurology, treatments, ethics, and other subjects.
- Complete a minimum of 150 clinical hours at an accredited education institution
- Are examined and registered by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Massage Therapy Act
- Only members of the College are permitted to use the title Registered Massage Therapist
On your first visit to a Registered Massage Therapist, you will complete a medical case history form. This information, as well as any conversation between you and your therapist will remain confidential